Wedding Preparation III - To do List

11:00:00 PM

What else should I (Bride-to-be) prepare for my (her) wedding?

My favourite flower bouquet =D

Since I have listed this down in my diary, I thought of sharing some information on the above mentioned.

Things to be done before the actual day (~±5 months)

1. Pre Wedding Photos 
(I took mine 7 months before our actual day =x which is pretty early XD )

2. Wedding Rings 
(We bought our rings one month before our wedding... which is quite last minute, but luckily we managed to get something we like ^ ^ )

3. Bridal's Heels 
(Actually, I bought it for my pre-wedding photo shooting and intended to get another pair for the actual day. However, I've decided to wear the same pair for my actual day XD! My heels are from Valentino)

4. White gown for actual day - morning 
(I started hunting for my wedding gown 6 months before my wedding.. kiasu mode on! No kidding, it is not a walk in the park to find a beautiful and perfect sleeve gown in Kuching! )

5. Evening gown for actual day - evening
(I love to wear white gown instead of multi-colored gown. Therefore, with that in mind, I only wore one super gorgeous gown for my wedding reception. So I have been searching for that perfect gown for almost 7 months and finally, I got mine from Taobao =) )

6. Start to inform my best friends and sisters (note: bridesmaids)/ oversea friends / relatives about my wedding date
(Most of my close friends are not from Kuching, so I have to inform them a little earlier in order for them to grab cheap air fares ^ ^ )

7. Hunting affordable homestay for my friends
(Refering to No 6, most of my close friends require accommodation in Kuching. I managed to find 2-3 affordable homestay near my area through FB)

8. Bridesmaids' dress
(I wanted coral pink dress for my pretty bridesmaids so I bought them through Twenty3 6 months prior to the wedding.) 

9. Location for Wedding Reception
(The most important thing that a couple should do once they have gotten the wedding date is to secure a good location for the wedding reception!)

10. Make Up Artist for Actual Day!
(This is the key person on my/your actual day... so I have been doing some research on this part. I booked my MUA 6 months before the AD. Remember to tell the hairstyles and make up which you prefer on your big day!)

11. Actual Day Photographer(s)
(AD photographer(s) plays a very important role on the wedding day where all the happy and exciting moments will be captured down by him/her)

12. Emcee

13. Singer/Live Bands

14. Background songs/music and pre-wedding slide show for the night

15. Door Gift
(We prefer a simple door gift which our guests won't throw it away right after the wedding, so Ferrero Roche it is! Teeheehee)

16. Decoration for Photobooth
(Since our wedding reception was held in a hotel ballroom, there wasn't a need for many decorations for the hall. The only decoration were the stage (done by the hotel) and the photo booth (done by our vendor). I contacted my vendor three months before our actual day ^ ^)

17. Wedding Invitation Card
(This is included in the hotel package but we still need to coordinate with the wedding card vendor.)

18. Preparing Floor Plan/Event Plan for actual day
(Yes... This has been in my mind from the day WL proposed to me XD I wanted my wedding ceremony and wedding dinner to be simple and convenient.)

19. Buffet for luncheon

20. Traditional Chinese Stuffs (Dowry... etc)
(Ours was very simple. I cutoff some of the unnecessary traditional stuffs that was normally requested by the old generation. A big thanks to my mom for saving my time and money on those unnecessary hassle)

21. Set a date for the Registration of Marriage (ROM)
(We set our ROM on 14/2 - yes... on V Day.... two weeks before our actual day)

22. Wine/Liquor/Beer
(We knew our guests will enjoy themselves with wine and beer. Therefore, we have to negotiate with our suppliers on the quantity of beverages)

23. Food Testing
(We done our food testing two weeks before our actual day. The timing is just nice for a reunion/gathering ^ ^)

24. Guest List!!!!!!
(This is the most most most (repetitive) tedious job ever in a wedding ceremony process. You will have to add in and remove names countless times =_= . I started to collect all the names before I acquire the wedding dates and confirm the name list two weeks before the actual day. Phew! Finally, it is over)

25. Red Packets/ Angpaos & $$$

26. Room Furniture!

27. Manicure/Pedicure
(Thanks to my BFF who helped me to book a reservation 2 days before my wedding ^ ^)

28. Honeymoon Trip

29. Keep calm between both parties =P

Things to be done the day before actual day

1. Re-confirm the floor plan for the actual day

2. Prepare a bag to keep your angpao and loose powder (to touch up)

3. Church Wedding rehearsal

4. Driver of the day

5. Rest well !! XD

***
I was really thankful to one of my best mate because he is the videographer of my actual day XD

***
Marking this post as one of the most memorable moments in my life! 

Ciao~ xx

You Might Also Like

1 lollipop(s)